Ms. Ashley Belle Larson walked into Ms. Mamie’s for the first time last July with her mom and sister Wesleigh. We talked for a few minutes about cake decorating, I invited her to come into the bakery the following week to help with cakes, and by August 1st we were roomates! Funny how things work out, isn’t it?
Let me tell you a few things about Ash that has led to our great friendship….
1. She loves cake decorating. (she has even pulled a few late nighters with me at the bakery….decorating cakes until 2 a.m….because that’s what friends are for, right?)
2. She is a phenomenal cook. (Who doesn’t love someone to prepare a gourmet meal for you after a long day?!)
3. She loves to dance. (We usually have dance parties in the living room after our gourmet meal….our favorite artist: Lady Gaga)
4. She loves costumes as much as I do. (Sometimes we have contests:)
5. She is motivated. (She goes to school full time AND works at the Publix bakery AND she helps at Miss Mamies AND she still manages to have fun!)
6. She loves dogs (Although she doesn’t have one of her own….Ashley and Howard have become quite close….sometimes Howard thinks she’s his girlfriend:)
7. She is selfless. (Ash always puts others in front of herself and is one of the best listeners I have ever found in a friend.)
8. She is eclectic. (Just like Ross and I….we enjoy the same weird things!)
9. She loves to laugh. (The three of us are quite electric together….mostly because we love to laugh at ourselves)
10. She is like a sister to me. (I feel like we have known one another for years and it’s only been 5 months!)
Other things Ashley and I have in common include: our birthdays are 4 days apart, we both were/are in love with American Girl Dolls, we are both from the North (she is originally from Illinois), and we both LOVE art.
You know you’ve got it good when you find a friend that you can be completely comfortable about being yourself with. So here’s to girl talk, cake decorating, lady gaga, dance parties, gourmet meals, french martinis and peach bellinis, birthday celebrations, cocktail rings, headbands, cold showers (because we always run out), and new friends to help us celebrate life and all that it has to offer! We love us some Ashley Belle and are so glad she found us! Slainte;)